|Clay Pot Chicken|
|Romertopf Clay Baker|
|Clay Pot Cooking by Dana Jacobi|
- Always soak unglazed pots completely submerged in water before using. Soak new pots for 30 minutes; after that, 15 minutes.
- Never subject a clay pot to quick or extreme changes in temperature. (That’s why you put it in a cold oven and bring it up to the desired temperature.) Don’t add cold liquid to a hot pot.
- When opening a pot after cooking, tilt the cover away from you to prevent steam from hitting your face.
- Use long oven-proof mitts when handling a hot clay pot.
- Don’t store food in a clay pot; the flavors will seep into the clay.
- Never use scouring powder or steel wool on a clay pot. Scrub with a fiber or nylon pad(or a stiff brush).